When The Otaku Cry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know it sucks, but bear with us for now

4 posters

Go down

I know it sucks, but bear with us for now Empty I know it sucks, but bear with us for now

Post  Avocados :D Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:56 pm

As you may have noticed, the forum is pretty new.

Soon, we'll have all sorts of awesome stuff which we're working on as we speak but we could use your help.

Yes, you.

We need IDEAS for the forum. We're currently working on the layout and we should have the Umineko, Higurashi and Off-Topic boards soon. The three sections in both Umineko and Higurashi will be 'Anime', 'Manga' and 'Visual Novel' and for now, Off-Topic should be fine on it's own for now but when we've everything else done with, we'll add sub-boards like 'Music', 'Anime and Manga' etc.

So, what do you think?

Edit: Made this an announcement.

If anyone wants to/wouldn't mind volunteer(ing) to make a banner or some of the stuff in the Site Layout topic in Site Updates please do D: 'cause it sucks right now.

We'll vote on the layout on Monday or so and close the poll on Friday or Saturday. If bits of the layout aren't finished by then we'll make substitutes and change them over when we can.

Last edited by Avocados :D on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Avocados :D
The People Who Hired The Gawds

https://whentheotakucry.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

I know it sucks, but bear with us for now Empty Re:I know it sucks now, but bear with us for now

Post  Mina Murray Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:08 pm

That sounds good.
I think there should also be a Umineko and Higurashi fanart sections to share fanart that you enjoy or have drawn yourself.

Mina Murray

Back to top Go down

I know it sucks, but bear with us for now Empty Re: I know it sucks, but bear with us for now

Post  Avocados :D Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Hi Mina!

That sounds like a good idea but I'll add it up last or just throw it in as a sub-category as it doesn't sound like it'd get too big quickly.

Back to top Go down

I know it sucks, but bear with us for now Empty Re: I know it sucks, but bear with us for now

Post  FreeFallForAll Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:56 am

Hmmm... we definitely need a new color scheme. This one is pretty bland, to be honest. And once we get the banners and things working, they'll clash horribly with this light blue coloring and the blocky layout.

We also ought to implement the ranking system that I came up with. Mystery Googling is difficult-- I got three requests to be e-mailed, four to be texting buddies, at least six telling me to copy and paste it until I got a mission, and one mission. [/vent]

I can probably make a couple advertisement banners for people to put in their signatures and stuff.

+Ohai, Mina. Smile
FreeFallForAll
FreeFallForAll
Gawd

Location : The land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avocados :D Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:52 am

I have implememted the ranking system. You have to be a newbie until you hit fifty posts >.>

I can change the colour scheme of the board too, this is just until we can vote on which ever ~theme~ we choose.

I'll go make you a Mod now.

Back to top Go down

Post  FreeFallForAll Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:45 pm

So newbies are not Potato Crumbs? They're just newbies?
FreeFallForAll
FreeFallForAll
Gawd

Location : The land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Witch of Knowledge Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:46 pm

How about a Umineko/Higurashi RP section. We can still keep the umineko/higurashi characters we had on TS

I agree with Mina about a fanart section and also a fanfiction section and maybe a poems section too about the When They Cry series.
Witch of Knowledge
Witch of Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post  Avocados :D Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:55 pm

FreeFallForAll wrote:So newbies are not Potato Crumbs? They're just newbies?

It goes Newbies -> Potato Crumbs and so on. This way the post count is more even on the ranks.

I'll put a forum in the Umineko and Higurashi sections for fanart, fanfiction, poems and so on. I'll split it up into smaller categories when it gets big enough.

I'll add an RPU too.

Edit: Done. And I added a forum games section 'cause those are fun when you're bored.

Back to top Go down

Post  FreeFallForAll Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:12 pm

Avocados Very Happy wrote:
FreeFallForAll wrote:So newbies are not Potato Crumbs? They're just newbies?

It goes Newbies -> Potato Crumbs and so on. This way the post count is more even on the ranks.

I'll put a forum in the Umineko and Higurashi sections for fanart, fanfiction, poems and so on. I'll split it up into smaller categories when it gets big enough.

I'll add an RPU too.

Edit: Done. And I added a forum games section 'cause those are fun when you're bored.
Oic.
FreeFallForAll
FreeFallForAll
Gawd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum